Frequently Asked Questions
- How long has Aetna been in business?
- Aetna has been providing a highly credentialed and quality network nationwide for over 40 years. It's one of the largest healthcare companies in the world.
- How long has National Benefit Builders, Inc. (NBBI) been in business?
- NBBI has been in business for over 15 years. NBBI is an industry leader in providing ancillary benefits and networks nationally with the highest rating from the Better Business Bureau.
- Who is included under a household program?
- All members of the household are included, regardless of age, including students away at college.
- Is this an insurance plan?
- No. The Dentachoice program is a reduced-fee-for-service program. It is not insurance.
- I have dental insurance; can I still enroll in the program?
- Yes. You may enroll in the Dentachoice program as long as the provider will accept both. You should consult your participating dentist prior to beginning the treatment in order to verify they can coordinate the two and provide you with additional dental savings.
- What if I want to change my dentist?
- Members may change dentists at any time without notice to the Aetna Dental Access® network or to NBBI. You should check with your new dental program provider to make sure that the dentist you have chosen is still in the network.
- Can I use the program for orthodontia services?
- Yes. The savings realized on orthodontia services is one of the main the reasons many members purchase the Dentachoice program.
- Are there any limits on the type of services included?
- No. All services are covered and there are no limitations, except for work in progress. You can go to the dentist as often as you'd like and get whatever services you need the discounted rates.
- Why do dentists join the program?
- The dentists who join the program are interested in the opportunity to grow their patient base. They want to develop long-term relationships with their patients and are committed to offering affordable dental care.
- How long before my dental program is activated?
- You can start using the dental program as soon as you receive your ID card(s) and fulfillment package. You should receive your fulfillment package and ID card(s) within 5 to 10 days after the purchase of the Dentachocie program.
- What is the cancellation policy?
- If you decide to cancel, we will give a full refund within 45 days, including the enrollment fee. After 45 days, the refund is pro-rated based on how many months are left. However, the enrollment fee is not refundable after 45 days.
Did you know?
Children aren't the only ones who can benefit from orthodontics. If you're an adult, it's not too late to correct problems such as crooked or crowded teeth, overbites, underbites, incorrect jaw position, or jaw-joint disorders. Learn more.